Counselling is an opportunity to explore any emotional difficulty, fears and anxieties, or distress that you might experience during your fertility journey. It can help you to cope, make choices, and change aspects of your situation. It doesn’t involve giving advice or direction to take a particular course of action; at times it may involve providing information. Our counsellors are here so you can express your emotions freely in a supportive environment.
Helping you make the best decisions with advice and support
Fertility treatment can sometimes feel like a roller coaster of emotional and physical ups and downs. At Alka IVF, counselling service works in conjunction with the medical and nursing team to support you throughout your journey.Our comprehensive and confidential counselling service is provided to all patients undergoing infertility treatment, including those considering IVF and past patients who’d like further support.
Individual and couple counselling is available to help overcome any difficulties you may be experiencing with your treatment, feelings or relationships. Marlene also facilitates several groups, connecting you with people who understand what you are going through, and who can listen and advise. She also hosts practical workshops regularly.
Alka IVF’s supportive counselling can help you:
- Prepare for fertility treatments, and explore the options and implications when making decisions about starting, changing or stopping treatments
- Cope with the emotional impact of treatment
- Work on relationship issues that may arise as a result of treatment or may be affecting your treatment
- Cope with unsuccessful treatment cycles or pregnancy losses
- Work on coping strategies for dealing with other people’s pregnancies, births and children
- Respond to the reactions of families, friends and work colleagues
- Explore ways to help you feel more in control, and
- Manage the anxieties of pregnancy and preparation for parenthood.